Saturday, September 4, 2010

Back To Blogging

In 2006 I abandoned blogging. I'd only ever blogged to share thoughts with friends, and by mid-2006 Facebook had made it possible through the newsfeed and other advancements to efficiently interact with friends without exposing my thoughts to unknown strangers. But, as the popularity of Facebook has grown, I've realized Facebook may no longer be the perfect medium for communicating information I find valuable to the people I find valuable. Too many people post too many types of information too often for Facebook to be an inspiration for consistently productive thought.


Therefore, I'm turning back to blogging in the hopes that through the strength, composition, thoughtfulness, and focus of my commentary on a range of subjects I find relevant to this time and place, I will attract friends, colleagues, and other as yet unknown like-minded people into a meaningful dialogue.


Here are a list of guidelines I'll hope to follow but will no doubt adapt along the way:
  • concise
  • timely
  • forward-thinking
  • layout is content appropriate
Subjects to be covered:
  • marketing and advertising with a focus of digital mediums
  • music
  • social networking
  • design

No comments:

Post a Comment